Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC Guidelines and Policies
1. Pet Sitting visits are 7 days a week beginning at 6 a.m. The latest regular visits are scheduled for 8 p.m.
2. Visit times:
Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will visit at the requested times as closely as possible. However, if we are caring for multiple pets, the times may be shifted a little to accommodate all clients. We will do our very best to arrive at the appointed times.
3. Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC has requested on your profile emergency contacts and phone number of a person living nearby. If Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC is physically unable to reach your
home due to impassable roads, please provide us with this information so that we can contact this person to request assistance. Your pets’ health and well-being are our utmost concern and we will contact you as soon as possible to keep you informed of
4. 3rd Party Visitors During our Services: Only Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC can care for your animals in your absence. We do not share or alternate visits with family members/friends/neighbors while you are away. This is to assure
consistency in both the scheduling and optimum care of your pets while you are away. We all want our pets to have all the love and attention they deserve, but please be advised that if there are other persons entering and leaving your home, Home on the Range
Pet Sitting LLC cannot be held liable for any damages or problems that may arise as a result. In addition, our insurance does not cover the act of failure or failure to act of third parties, including but not limited to neighbors, friends, relatives or other
service providers that enter your home for any purpose while we are caring for your pets.
Please inform me at the time of the consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, repair persons,
friends, family and neighbors. Home on the Range Pet Sitting does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home during pet care and health services.
5. Vaccinations/Immunizations: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC requires that all
pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations before service begins. I may ask to see expiration dates for rabies vaccinations.
6. Unforeseen Purchases: Please remember to leave adequate (or more!) food, litter, etc. for your pet’s needs.
If you do not, Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will purchase pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and well being of your pet while you are absent. I will retain a receipt and the pet owner is responsible
for reimbursement of these items. In addition, there will be a $10 delivery trip fee if Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC needs to pick up supplies for your pet.
7. Pet Waste: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will properly dispose of all pet waste. I
do request that you provide plastic bags for this purpose and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed.
8. Leashes: All dogs will be required to be on leash during outdoor walks.
9. Animal Behavior/Dogs in Heat: Animals behavior can
be unpredictable. Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC does not accept responsibility or liability for animal behavior, normal or otherwise, which results in injury to the client’s animals. Further, if, Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC is harmed or injured
by the client’s animals, the client/owner accepts full responsibility for the cost of any necessary medical attention required by either the Home on the Range Pet Sitting Pet Care provider or by the animals. Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will not
care for pets that are in heat. When a dog is in heat, we do not want them to get pregnant while in our care. Even if dogs are well behaved, there is always the chance their hormonal changes will lead to erratic behavior which causes problems and they can
be territorial and display aggressive behavior, including both the female and the male. This puts me us in a potentially dangerous situation. At Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC we want to be overly safe. We make sure we do not run into any problems, so we
have put together these rules:
Dogs that are in heat will only be exercised under supervision within their own yard. This means that they will not be taken on walks. If there is not a fence, we will walk your dog in the immediate vicinity around your
When the fence is not found to be enough (too short, dog is able to climb it, holes, etc.) the dog will be kept on leash even when in your own yard.
If there are intact males in the house, then there must be a foolproof way to keep them
separate. Solid walls, preferable two, will always need to separate them!
We will change diapers if the female is agreeable, which must be determined by our sitter before the trip.
Any messes must be contained to hard floors, we will not clean
up blood messes on carpet or in crates. We will change out blankets when needed.
Appropriate time must be scheduled taking all the concerns in consideration. We do require 30 minutes for dogs, but if your dogs cannot be together then we might require
a 45 minute or hour-long visit in order to make sure they all get enough attention and activity. We also need to factor in any cleaning time that might be needed
10. Fences: Fenced in yards are wonderful playgrounds for our dogs and allow them additional
space to exercise and play. However, no fence system is totally secure. Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC does not accept responsibility or liability for any client’s animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed
to leave the clients animals in a fenced in area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other type of fence.
11. Other dogs: I will not permit your dogs to interact with strange dogs. If stray dogs that are off leash approach, I will do my best
to keep interaction at a minimum and move away from them.
12. House Cleanliness: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will clean up after your pets to the best of our ability. Please inform us of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies.
If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated. Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC may charge a reasonable fee for clean-up time.
Sitting LLC highly respects our clients’ entrusting us with the care of their home and their loving pets. We do recommend that you inform a trusted neighbor that while you are away, Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will be caring for your pets and your
14. Cancellation Policy: We understand that plans change and try to be as flexible as possible regarding your pet care needs. If you are a Monday thru Friday mid-day client who receives dog walking and/or potty break services on a daily and weekly
recurring basis every month, notice no later than 9pm the day before service is required for cancellations in order to receive a full credit towards future services. Any cancellations made after 9pm the day before will not be credited. Services are billed
on a monthly basis up front and payment is due on day 1 of service for the month. Regular vacation pet sitting services and occasional dog walking/potty break service with no set schedule requires 48 hours advance notice. Any cancellation made with 48 hours
or less will not be credited. If a cancellation has not been submitted & confirmed and we arrive at your home to provide care, your account will be charged the visit fee. In the event you must cancel your holiday reservation, the cancellation policy is
strictly enforced. *Effective immediately, all holiday reservations will require a 50% deposit in advance to hold your reservation. Please understand that we only have a limited number of spots available during the holidays and once we are booked, we must
turn away others in order to maintain a high level of care. Because of this, we have had to set up a cancellation policy. Holiday cancellation policy is as follows: 15 days’ notice or more prior to day of departure – 100% refund. 7-14 days’
notice prior to day of departure – 50% refund. 6 days or less notice prior to day of departure results in no refund. Refunds and Credits: All refunds are credited to future services.
15. Unsecured Pets: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC is not responsible
for free-roaming or outdoor pets in the event of illness, injury or loss of death. All pets should have some form of permanent ID and it is recommended that they remain in the home or confined to a secured yard or pen for their own safety during the client’s
16. Extended Absence: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC will care for your pets only for the time specified in the contract. Should your absence be extended, the Client must notify Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC of his/her new return date.
Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC assumes no responsibility for any pet neglect if the pet parents are negligent in the notification of the revised return date.
17. Pet Proof: It is your responsibility to pet proof any areas of the home and/or property
to which the pets have access. Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC does not assume responsibility and has no liability for any injuries the pets may sustain, or property damage the pets may cause to your property or the property of another. In the event, that
we must pick up your pet at the animal shelter, you must reimburse the shelters fee plus roundtrip time and mileage the sitter incurs.
18. Refusal of Service: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC has the right to refuse service. Bites must be reported to
local authorities as required by laws. You are liable for Home on the Range Pet Sittings LLC medical expenses and damages that result from an animal bite.
19. Payments: Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC accepts cash, checks, Venmo, Apple Pay, Zelle or
debit/credit card. Payment is due at the time of or prior to the first visit. Please make all checks payable to Home on the Range Pet Sitting LLC.
20. Returned Check Charges: There is a $50 fee for all returned checks.
21. Late Payments: There is
a 3% late charges fee for all late payments. Payments are considered late if not received within day of departure. There is a 7-day grace period following the date of the first visit before 3% late fees are charged.
22. Does your dogs have access to outside?
Some dogs have a doggy door and can go outside to potty as needed. In an instant like this, they may only need one visit per day. This depends, of course, on how often they are usually fed. If a dog does not have access to the outdoors the minimum number of
visits is 2 visits per day to allows the dog to get a bathroom break approximately every 10 to 12 hours.